Every year we head up to Island Park with Ben and Laurie and his family. They are so gracious to invite us and let us come up relax, play, and enjoy each others company!! Quinn and the boys of course rode snowmobiles all day while the girls did crafts.
How beautiful is that? It snowed pretty much the whole time up there. There is nothing better then being in a cabin all warm and cozy and watching snow fall.
Peyton and Caleb trying to climb the mountain of snow
Caleb playing
Peyton playing
Rhino rides
Hailey, Kam, Peyton and Caleb getting ready to go play
Those stairs entertained them forever
Sledding
Their sledding consisted of sitting on their butts and doing nothing. Ben drove the snowmobile while Quinn was on the back, grabbed the rope, drove them back up to the hill. Then the Dad's pushed them down. I could handle that kind of sledding.
The family

Caleb was an icicle when we got back from sledding
We hot tubbed
Peyton thought she was so brave to jump out of the hot tub and get in the snow. Caleb and Hailey went all the way down to the dock and back but I didn't get pictures of that.
Having sleepovers with our Besties
Caleb, Hailey, Kam and Hailey
Ben made Caleb and Hailey sleep on opposite ends:)
Then we come home to some sad news :(
We lost both fishes
Smurf went to fish heaven...
Caleb was ABSOLUTELY devastated. He cried forever and didn't know how he was going to sleep tonight because Smurf was his best friend.
And so did Rainbow
Peyton on the other hand could have cared less and said "she really didn't like Rainbow's color anyways." Really shouldn't the rolls be reversed here?
We flushed them down to fish heaven. Of course Caleb's came back up twice which freaked him out even more. Poor little buddy!!
Caleb came home from School with a story called My Most Unbearable Day. I am coping word for word what he wrote and it breaks my heart.
"My most unbearable day was when my fish died. When I was at the cabin I forgot about my fish when I got home from the cabin on Presidents Day. I remembered my pet fish. I ran as fast as I could to my room. I looked at him he was barely moving. I took fish food and poured it all at once. He only got one bite of food then he died. We had a funeral for him. Then we flushed him down the toilet. I cried all night long. When I woke I started to cry AGAIN!! Then I came to School I forgot about him. When I got home I cried again. THE END!!"
1 comments:
That place looks insanly fun! Awesome pics!
Post a Comment