Oh Football I have a love hate for this sport. I love, love, love watching football on T.V. I'm not quite sure how I feel about watching my son play it. Not that I'm scared of him getting hurt. I'm tired of watching these 8-9 year olds be treated like they are a NFL team...listen up folks 99.9 % of your sons will not make it to the NFL. Since when did sports become so intense? Let these cute boys play, have fun, learn the value of friendships and hard work but really chill out if they miss a tackle. I would like to see these parents out there making tackles and taking hits. Don't get me wrong a WIN is GREAT but for a kid who truly just loves playing Football and might not be the best. Don't put him down to bring yourself up. It's not just Caleb getting yelled at (so I'm not some crazy Mom trying to protect her cub) it's everywhere you turn. Let's sit back enjoy the game and teach these kids. The one bonus of Football is Caleb has changed soooo much. His attitude, desire to work hard, eating better, exercising. I just truly love this kid and don't want him to feel like he let us down by not getting the hardest hit. In the end I love Football and hope Caleb will continue with it.
Sorry just had to get that off my chest...now breathe and I feel better:)
Just a little size difference
Proud Mom moment Caleb got the first interception of the season so he got to lead them out of the pack after half time.
Running out of the huddle
Listening to coach speak
At least we have a cute cheerleader
and a really cute stick mover (I know that's not what they are called)

0 comments:
Post a Comment