Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Everything's bigger in TEXAS!!

Quinn lived in Houston for a couple of years when he was little and you would think he is still from that state he LOVES Texas. So when Christmas rolled around I thought "what do you get someone that pretty much has everything" I thought a Surprise trip to Texas so I made Ben and Laurie get in on this and Ben lied and told Quinn that they needed help up at Ben's parents cabin installing new counter tops (we tried to not make it fun because he loves that cabin). So I knew he had the time off but let me tell you Quinn was sooooo excited to leave for the cabin. He kept telling me the whole week before that he can't wait to get away, relax, be with the boys and he even said how excited he was to get away from me:) (On as side note I was soooo sick before and if you know Quinn he is NOT a fan of germs and sick people) He was shopping for the cabin buying stuff and I just had to laugh and tell him to go for it. So the night before we were to leave Quinn comes home to pack for the cabin and instead I have a present waiting for him. He looks at me weird and I just tell him to open it. He opens it and its a Texans shirt and then underneath was the note that said

"I bet your wondering why the 12 days of Christmas is starting early

You know how we said your going to the cabin to fix countertops 
Well that might have been a little bit of a lie.

Instead of packing guns, ammo and cold gear
you need to pack shorts, golf shirts and maybe your Texans gear.

Let's hop onto the plane tomorrow to your favorite state of TEXAS
Enjoy a weekend of golfing with Uncle Giff and just maybe...

On Sunday we can head over to Reliant Stadium 
and watch your beloved Texans take on the Colts

You deserve this weekend so lets go have fun!!

So needless to say Quinn was blown away that I pulled this off (I'm not good at surprises).
So Thursday morning we were off to Texas. The weather unbelievably warm 75 all week. We ate at restaurants galore, ran everyday in the most BEAUTIFUL neighbor hood you have EVER seen. Played with some of Quinn's cousins one night, shopped, went to Houston Rockets/Boston Celtics game and the big part of the trip going to a Houston Texans football game. Thanks to Uncle Giff and Aunt Wendy for letting us stay at their house and being a host all weekend.

Sadly Friday was the shooting of the School in Connecticut so to be that far away from my kids was heart wrenching and makes you so grateful for everyday you have with them. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved.

Toyota Center
The one and only time I will cheer for the Rockets and they even won
We drove by Quinn's old house when they lived there
Fun night out with the Nielsen crew
Quinn, Me, Uncle Giff, Giff(cousin) his wife Jenna, Jessica and Rob(cousin)

SUNDAY------FOOTBALL
Texans vs. Colts
Its good to know people like Uncle Giff who got us onto the field to watch warm-ups
Running their drills
Quinn was in HEAVEN the whole time. I think we watched them warm up for over an hour and a half. Quinn said we were not leaving until they kicked us out.
Arian Foster
JJ Watts
Andre Johnson
Starting to get kicked out and heading to our seats
The rain that fell down was CRAZY. We get that here in Utah but it lasts like a minute at the most. It rained HARD for over an hour.
Uncle Giff is an Honary Chairman so he was part of the opening ceremonies. Along with a whole bunch of other "important" people. We met a whole bunch of old football players (I didn't know but Quinn knew a lot of them)

Getting ready to start....
and the end result THEY WON!!!
Gotta have your picture in front of the bulls
The stadium was really cool

0 comments: