Tuesday, August 4, 2009

MOVE OVER TIGER!!

Caleb has been golfing ever since he could walk but just this year he has taken a real love for it. Quinn takes him out to the course at least twice a week. We found that Thanksgiving Point has a golf camp every year so when I called they said you had to be six but they said they would be nice and take him. So everyday for a week from 9-12 I would drop him off and he would head in, golf clubs in tow. The first day he came home he told me his teacher calls him "machine gun willey" I asked him why but he wasn't real sure he said something about a thing being put under his arm so Quinn just assumed they had something to help him with his swing. So on Friday they had a big BBQ for family so when I went everyone would come up to him and high five him and call him "machine gun willey." So finally I had to ask his teacher and he was like well when Caleb would get bored while the other kids were taking their swings he would use his golf club as a machine gun and kill all the bad people, oh Caleb I guess he is all boy. To funny of a story so I had to document it. Then they did awards and Caleb had 35 kids in his class ages 6-9 and they were giving out 5 prizes all different catagories. When they called Machine Gun Willey for the best putter I was a little SHOCKED and PROUD!! It was so funny all the kids started chanting for him and giving him high fives the whole way up for him to claim his prize. He got a whole box of balls all to himself (is what he said) So Quinn took him golfing after and he was so AMAZED how much he learned and how good he really was at putting. So needless to say he has two proud parents!! WAY TO GO BUDDY!!Check out that swing
Getting ready to go to golf camp
He actually is teeing off from the tee box now
Here is Caleb with his prize and his proud little sister
After a long day of golf





3 comments:

Blake ~ Amber ~ Noah ~ Jade said...

Holy Cow, He is Awesome...hopefully he will make you the big bucks one day :):):):)

Taryn said...

Way to go Caleb! Gonna follow in daddy's footsteps. Before you know it he'll be in the pro tour!

reesekelleyandboys said...

Okay that is sooo cute! I love it!